Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USD/TRY on a serious tilt this morning (-1.33%) supported by USD weakness
- Comments about a reasonable solution to the S-400s issue coming for Defense Min Akar seem to be the only major catalysts and possible expectations going into the Biden-Erdogan meeting on Monday
- As noted before Turkey has said that the US must give it access to patriot systems in order to drop its S-400s- while the US has expressed openness to a solution, they have never gone as far as to offer Turkey its spot back in the patiort/F-35 programme
- Early rumours of Turkey moving its S-400s to the Incirlik NATO base may be behind the recent strength and expectations for some sort of deal next week
- Turkey has shown optimism in the upcoming meeting but the US has been less optimistic, highlighting key differences in human rights and Turkey's position in the East Med
- TurkGBs continue to attract flows, maintaining momentum from yesterday's session
- USD/TRY has now taken out 8.30, support below seen at 8.2493, Sup2: 8.1766