- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
USD Well Supported Following FOMC Minutes Release, LatAm FX Fades
- After a very brief blip lower, the greenback is firming with the Bloomberg Dollar Index rising to the best levels of the day and equities remaining under pressure following the release of the FOMC minutes.
- For EURUSD, an initial spike to 1.0928 saw some solid dollar demand with the pair now back below the 1.09 handle and fast approaching the early European lows at 1.0875.
- In similar vein, USDJPY fell to touch 123.50 before finding good support and now resides just shy of the 124 mark and day’s high at 124.05. Technically, a corrective cycle is still in play despite recent gains, with clearance of 125.09 needed to confirm a resumption of the primary uptrend.
- LatAm FX extending lower as the dust settles on the minutes release, with CLP leading global losses, closely followed by both BRL and MXN.
- USDMXN up 0.82% at 20.1667
- USDBRL up 1.17% at 4.7063
- USDCLP up 1.76% at 800.55
- USDCOP up 0.25% at 3750.45
- USDPEN up 0.66% at 3.722
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.