September 27, 2022 12:08 GMT
Tsy futures firmer, at/near highs as yields recede from early Mon's new cycle highs: 2YY hit 4.3450% -- currently 4.2356 (-.1050), steeper curves are paring gains last few minutes: 2s10s climbed to -39.755 currently -42.247 +.672.
- Nordstream pipeline back in the news after pressure drop reported late Monday, latest headlines "Germany Suspects Sabotage to Russia’s Nord Stream Gas Pipelines" Bbg.
- Otherwise, no obvious catalyst as rates recover slightly from Mon's carry-over selling tied to BoE emergency rate hike talk. Focus turns to Fed speak with Chicago Fed Evans' eco-outlook at London forum, Fed Chair Powell on digital currency panel discussion at the moment. Later:
- StL Fed Bullard eco outlook at London forum, no text, Q&A at 0955ET
- MN Fed Kashkari WSJ Live event at 1300ET
- SF Fed Daly, virtual Asia bank symposium, no text at 2035ET
- Economic data at 0830ET:
- Durable Goods Orders (-0.1%, -0.4%); ex-trans (0.2%, 0.2%)
- Cap Goods Orders Nondef Ex Air (0.3%, 0.2%); Ship (0.5%, 0.3%)
- followed by:
- FHFA House Price Index MoM (0.1%, 0.0%) at 0930ET
- Conf. Board Consumer Confidence (103.2, 104.5) at 1000ET
- Richmond Fed Mfg Index (-8, -10), 1000ET
- New Home Sales (511k, 500k); MoM (-12.6%, -2.2%), 1000ET
- US Tsy auction: $44B 5Y Note auction ((91282CFM8) at 1300ET