Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
STERLING SUMMARY: Cable: Asia open $1.3142, range $1.3131-69. Europe open
$1.3168, range $1.3159-98.
* Eur/Gbp Asia open Gbp0.8935, range Gbp0.8930-49. Europe open Gbp0.8939, range
* Better weekend press for PM May, along with an upside correction in UK wage
growth, helped sterling recover Monday.
* Cable extended recovery gains from its post NFP/AHE low of $1.3027 to $1.3184
Monday, closed around $1.3140.
* Early dip to $1.3134 in Asia attracted buyers and took rate to $1.3169.
* Rate eased to $1.3153 before it edged back to retest the earlier high into
* Rate extended recovery to $1.3175 in early trade, dipped to $1.3159 as rate
influenced by Eur/Usd slippage.
* Fresh demand lifted rate to $1.3189, dipped to $1.3172 before strong UK Mfg
data drove it up to $1.3198.
* Offers placed to $1.3200 countered before rate eased to the $1.3180 area.