October 03, 2022 15:34 GMT
Homepagemarkets-real-timePolitical RiskPolitical Risk BulletBulletMarketsFixed Income NewsForeign Exchange NewsPolitical Market News
Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng delivering speech at Conservative party conference. Talking up institutions such as BoE and talking of fiscal anchors an attempt to bolster economic credentials after selloff in recent days.
- "I know the plan we put forward 10 days ago caused a little turbulence. I get it”
- 'We will shortly publish our medium term fiscal plan'
- Promises a "strong institutional framework...independent Bank of England and Office for Budget Responsibility...strong fiscal anchor with debt falling as proportion of GDP over the medium term".
- 'There is no path to higher growth without fiscal responsibility'
- 'To grow the economy we really do need to do things differently'
- 'I have asked OBR to publish a full economic forecast alongside our plan'
- “I am unashamedly a pro-business Conservative.”