Crude and Gasoil Net Long Positions Lowest Since June
Crude managed money net long positions fell to the most bearish since 27 June according to the Commitments of Traders data released on Friday. The combined net long positions for Brent and WTI fell by -19k to 252k with WTI the lowest in 19 weeks and Brent the lowest in five weeks.
- ICE Gasoil net long positions were cut to the lowest since mid June but Nymex diesel positions increased to a four week high. Nymex gasoline net longs also rose to the highest since September.
- ICE Brent net longs fell by -5k to +171k
- Nymex WTI net longs fell by -11k to 124k
- ICE Gasoil fell by -7k to +9k
- Nymex diesel increased by +6k to +34k
- Nymex gasoline increased by +9k to 51k