Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
The latest poll from Forsa showing respondents' preferred candidate for chancellor displays a small increase in support for the centre-right CDU-CSU candidate Armin Laschet, although he still trails centre-left Green candidate Annalena Baerbock by nearly 15%.
- Preferred Chancellor poll: Annalena Baerbock (Greens): 31% (-1), Armin Laschet (CDU-CSU): 17% (+2), Olaf Scholz (SPD): 12% (-1). Forsa, 05/03/21. Chgs w/20-26 Apr. 2,508 respondents.
- This is the second poll in a row from Forsa showing Laschet leading Social Democrat candidate and current finance minister Olaf Scholz.
- A sizeable 40% of respondents have yet to make up their mind on a preferred chancellor, meaning all three candidates still have a hope of gaining traction as the September federal election approaches.
- The next state-level election takes place a month today on 6 June in the eastern state of Saxony-Anhalt. There, an unwieldy CDU-SPD-Green coalition governs presently. The CDU are expected to remain the largest single party, and any shock result could do further damage to Laschet's efforts to gain the chancellery in September.