February 07, 2023 13:29 GMT
House Energy Ctte To Hear Raft Of New Oil And Gas Legislation
HomepagePolitical RiskCommoditiesPolitical Risk BulletEnergy BulletsBulletMarketsFixed Income NewsForeign Exchange NewsEnergy Technical AnalysisPolitical Market News
10:00 ET 15:00 GMT: The US House of Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee will today hold a hearing entitled, “Unleashing American Energy, Lowering Energy Costs, and Strengthening Supply Chains.”
- Livestream of the hearing: https://energycommerce.house.gov/events/joint-ener...
- The committee will deliberate on a range of new legislation including a resolution stating that the “Federal Government should not impose any restrictions on the export of crude oil or other petroleum products.”
- Legislation to “repeal the natural gas tax contained in Sec. 136 of the Clean Air
- Act (CAA).”
- Legislation to “prohibit a moratorium on the use of hydraulic fracturing unless such moratorium is authorized by an Act of Congress.”
- Legislation to ease regulation for the international import and export of oil, natural gas, and electricity.
- A bill to compel the Secretary of Energy to conduct “an assessment of the nation’s supply of critical energy resources…”
- Legislation “to repeal all restrictions on the import and export of natural gas.”
- The committee will also hear a resolution expressing “disapproval of President Biden’s revocation of the Presidential permit for the Keystone XL pipeline.”
- Full committee agenda: https://d1dth6e84htgma.cloudfront.net/02_07_23_Joi...:39:57.111Z