August 03, 2022 12:20 GMT
- Speaker of the US House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has departed Taiwan but tensions will continue to escalate as the Senate considers a potentially explosive bill.
- Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) is leading the Democrat effort to convince Senator Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) to cast her vote in favour of the Manchin-Schumer Inflation Reduction Act.
- A group of Republican Senators will hold a press conference on the Manchin-Schumer bill at noon. They will call on Sinema to refuse to succumb to Democrat pressure.
- The US Department of the Treasury sent out a letter to Congressional leaders yesterday repudiating GOP claims that the Inflations Reduction Act will leader to higher taxes.
- It was a strong day for former President Donald Trump at the midterm primaries yesterday.
- A "stunning," "political earthquake" in Kansas yesterday has the potential to "reshape the entire midterm campaign."
- Sweden and Finland’s accession to NATO will be subject to a Senate vote today.
- Rafael Grossi, the Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency, warned yesterday that Iran's nuclear programme is "moving ahead very, very fast and growing in ambition and capacity."
- Poll of the Day: The generic Congressional ballot has tightened to within 1% for the first time since January.
Full article: https://marketnews.com/mni-political-risk-analysis...