- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Mostly Higher As EM Risk Off Continues
- INDIA: Bond market closed for Id-ul-zuha public holiday.
- SOUTH KOREA: Futures have moved higher from the open in South Korea, participants choosing to ignore strong exports and PPI data and focus on a record number of COVID-19 cases. There were 1,784 new cases in the past 24 hours, health officials warned that cases are expected to climb again tomorrow before declining from July 23/24. Elsewhere the BoK sold KRW 2tn of 2-Year MSB's at 1.29% with cover of 1.38x.
- CHINA: The PBOC matched injections with maturities at its OMOs today; repo rates are higher, the overnight repo rate has been climbing steadily through July, rising from July 1 lows of 1.2841% to hit 2.1846%, this is still below highs seen in previous months. The 7-day repo rate has remained steady and is within recent ranges at 2.1987%. Futures are higher for the sixth of the last eight sessions. There were reports in the Shanghai Securities News that bidding at recent local government bond auctions indicates that government bond issuance is becoming more market driven.
- INDONESIA: Yields mixed with the belly seeing buying while the long and short end sells off. The government announced an extension to the current curbs through Jul 25 was announced, while elsewhere the government outlined a plan to relax restrictions from Jul 26, if daily case count continues to fall.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.