Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Major G10 FX are largely rangebound early Thursday, with markets sitting on the sidelines ahead of tier 1 data releases and the ECB decision later today.
- EUR/USD has inched further off the Wednesday high, but remains above 1.2150 and nearby support. The 50-day EMA undercuts at 1.2108 and marks the first major downside level ahead of the Jun 4 low at 1.2104.
- The Norwegian policy mix became slightly more complicated this morning on the release of a set of lower than expected inflation numbers. This comes ahead of next week's Norges Bank decision, at which the bank are expected to provide their thoughts on whether a rate hike could occur as soon as September. EUR/NOK has rallied sharply following the release, with the cross narrowing in on the Friday high of 10.1784.
- Focus turns to the ECB rate decision. While no major policy changes are expected, markets will likely pay very close attention to any language surrounding the use of the bank's PEPP asset purchase programme,. Traders look to gauge just how and when the Bank will wean markets off extraordinary monetary policy.