Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
The Japanese MOF will today sell Y3.0tn of 2-Year JGB's opening JB#430. The MOF last sold 2-Year debt on September 30, the auction drew cover of 4.244x at an average yield of -0.115%, average price of 100.242, high yield of -0.114%, low price of 100.240, with 77.0964% of bids allotted at the high yield.
- 2-Year JGBs have seen some modest cheapening since mid-August, moving away from multi-month richest levels, although the yield on the benchmark has largely operated within the YtD timeframe over that horizon.
- 2-Year swap spreads have retraced from recent wides since the previous 2-Year auction, but still remain some way off the recent tights.
- The 2-/5-Year yield spread operates a little shy of the YtD steeps, but it may be a little early for flatteners in that structure to be set, owing to the ambiguity re: fiscal matters in the months ahead.
- Results due at 0435BST/1235JST.