Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- RES 4: 1.4179 2.0% 10-dma envelope
- RES 3: 1.4103 76.4% retracement of the Feb 24 - Apr 12 downleg
- RES 2: 1.4009/17 High Apr 20 / High Mar 4
- RES 1: 1.3977 High Apr 29
- PRICE: 1.3873 @ 16:32 BST May 4
- SUP 1: 1.3801 Low May 3
- SUP 2: 1.3717 Low Apr 16
- SUP 3: 1.3670/69 Low Mar 25 / Low Apr 12 and key support
- SUP 4: 1.3567 Low Apr 2
GBPUSD traded sharply lower Apr 30 and in the process breached support at 1.3824, Apr 22 low. Despite yesterday's recovery, a bearish threat remains present. The move below 1.3824 and the failure to tackle resistance at 1.4009, Apr 20 high, highlights this threat and the risk of a pullback towards 1.3669, Apr 12 low. Clearance of this level would strengthen a bearish case. Cable needs to clear resistance at 1.4009 to reinstate a bullish theme.