Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
RISK: On risk appetite, the CBOE's volatility index or VIX was last at 10.59, on
the low side of a 10.34 to 11.22 range.
- The VIX high of 17.28, seen August 11 at the peak of U.S.-North Korea
tensions, was the highest since Nov. 9, the day after the U.S. election, when
the VIX peaked at 21.48. The 2017 high was 23.01, seen Nov. 4 ahead of the
- In August, the VIX has traded both sides of its 200-day moving average,
currently at 11.65. The index will need to close below that mark on a sustained
basis to suggest that risk sentiment was improving.
- The July 26 low of 8.84 was a new life-time intraday VIX low (prior life-time
intraday low was 8.89, seen Dec. 27, 1993).