Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
US DATA PREVIEW: Traders await the key Friday 8:30am ET August US nonfarm
payroll employment. The MNI economist poll has median estimate of 180K for Aug
jobs, 184K NFP private payrolls, 4.3% jobless. Other bank views:
- JPM Daniel Silver: Kept 200K NFP estimate after ADP; 4.3% jobless, 2.5% AHE
- Credit Suisse: +200K jobs gain, +190K private NFP gain, 4.3% jobless.
- Amherst Pierpont Stephen Stanley: +170K Aug jobs,160K priv, 4.3% jobless.
- Mizuho Steven Ricchiuto: expects +175K Aug NFP, 4.4% jobless rate.
- HSBC: +180K Aug. jobs gain, 4.3% jobless rate, 0.1% avg hrly earnings.
- Citi tech strategists see scope for Aug NFP to print in 142k-146k area. In
last 20 yrs, "initial Aug. print has been over 200k only once: in 1998, when the
Aug. reading was 365k" but "that was obviously an aberration".
- BMO Ian Lyngen: ADP +237K implies "impressive +261K" Aug NFP
- Goldman Sachs: 160K Aug NFP
- MS Ellen Zentner, Robert Rosener, Michael Dilmanian: +180K Aug NFP, 4.3%
jobless, 0.2% Avg Hrly Earnings.