November 16, 2022 16:55 GMT
US Issues Statement On Iranian Nuclear Activity
EM BulletFixed Income NewsHomepagePolitical RiskCommoditiesPolitical Risk BulletEnergy BulletsBulletMarketsEmerging Markets NewsForeign Exchange NewsUSPolitical Market News
The United States Mission to the United Nations in Vienna has issued a statement condemning the nuclear activity of Iran.
- The statement says: "Iran continues to expand its nuclear program far beyond [Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action Nuclear Accords] limits... Iran’s production of highly enriched uranium up to 60 percent has no credible peaceful purpose. No other country in the world today utilizes uranium enriched to 60 percent for the purposes Iran claims."
- The statement continues: "In September, Iran dashed the collective hope that a return to the JCPOA could be imminent by making demands it knew to be impossible... Nowhere in the world would inspectors turn a blind eye to the indicators of undeclared nuclear material and activities that the IAEA have found in Iran..."
- "Iran should... refrain from further escalations that move us deeper into uncertainty."
- The statement comes as Iran appears to have nixed the prospect of a crucial oversight mission led by IAEA chief Raphael Grossi next month.
- Grossi said in a presser today: "I would still ask them [Iran]: please cooperate with me."