Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
USD/JPY went offered Tuesday as the USD lost ground and underperformed all of its G10 peers. The rate stabilised after a downswing into the London morning, which allowed it to close below the 50-DMA & extend its current losing streak to four days in a row.
- In local news, NHK reported that a safety lapse was found at TEPCO's Fukushima Daini plant. Elsewhere, the Nikkei said that Japan wants to expand chip investment in its growth strategy.
- As a reminder, BoJ Gov Kuroda is set to speak today at 12:30pm JST.
- Final March industrial output headlines the local dockete today. Trade balance & core machine orders hit Thursday, national CPI & flash Jibun Bank PMIs come out Friday.
- USD/JPY changes hands at Y108.92, little changed on the day as we type. May 7 low of Y108.34 provides the initial bullish target. A break under this key near-term support would bring Apr 23 low of Y107.48 into play. Conversely, a jump above May 13 high of Y109.79 would expose Apr 9 high of Y109.96.