Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Follow a quiet initial start, gilts have sold off through the day with the long-end underperfroming and the curve bear steepening.
- Cash yields are 1-3bp higher on the day. Last yields: 2-year -0.0644%, 5-year -0.0786%, 10-year 0.1900%, 30-year 0.7406%.
- The Dec-20 gilt future trades at 136.46, near the bottom of the day's range (L: 136.44 / H: 136.75).
- The DMO earlier sold GBP600mn of the 1.25% Nov-32 linker.
- The BoE purchased GBP1.437bn of long-dated gilts with offer to cover of 2.55x.
- After talks between the government and Manchester city officials failed to reach a deal over new social restrictions, tier-three restrictions are expected to be implemented.