Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
A steady session for Core Bonds, with curves bear steeper this morning
- Bund has taken its cue from the better buying going through in Equities in early trading.
- Good vaccination pick up pace in the US as well as a more positive note on US stimulus has keep the lid on Bonds.
- Heavy supplies this week will also be a factor, with a huge heavy day on Thursday, when France look to sell EU10bn-EU11bn of 0% Nov-30 OAT, the 1.25% May-36 OAT, the 1.75% Jun-39 OAT and the 0.75% May-52 OAT
- Today sees German EU6bn Schatz 2yr (equates to 61k Schatz or 8k Bund).
- Also some syndication from Belgium, Finland and Cyprus.
- Peripheral are tighter, with Greece leading at 2.5bps.
- Gilts have traded in tandem with EGBs, and leading losses in Europe, down 40 ticks at the time of typing.
- Same story for the US treasuries, curve is bear steeper on the risk on tone, with the longer end underperforming
- Looking ahead, desk await news on the formation of a new Italian government, with PM Conte set to speak to Pres Mattarella again today.
- ECB's de Cos is also speaking.