Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EGB SUMMARY: Following a slow start to trading, Bunds and EGBs jumped into life,
rallying hard through the first hour of trading.
- One participant suggested that the path of least resistance was a core EGB
rally given month-end extensions, thin supply next week and the Catalan risk
hanging over the market.
- Eurozone headline HICP data for Sept printed 10bp below expectations at
1.5%Y/Y, although the core measure was at consensus of 1.1%Y/Y.
- German unemployment data showed a new all-time low of 5.6%, making a small
surprise as the number of unemployed dropped 23k in September. This strong data
did little to hold back the bond rally.
- We hear that the EGB repo market is showing little of the usual quarter-end
squeeze lower in rates.
- The 10Y Bund yield is 2.2bp lower today at 0.457% and the yield curve is
- Despite all the talk about the Sunday's Catalonian referendum, the Bonos
market is showing no obvious impact.