July 21, 2022 12:23 GMT
- US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin convened the fourth meeting of the Ukraine Contact Group yesterday as fears mount that political risk in Italy and the UK may affect the pro-Ukraine alliance.
- Deputy Treasury Secretary Wally Adeyemo said that Russia’s move to purchase military hardware from Iran is a sign that sanctions are beginning to constrain the Russian war effort
- State Department Spokesperson Ned Price said Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov's comments on Russian annexations "don't tell us anything we didn’t know."
- The Treasury Department hopes a global price cap on Russia oil will be in place by December.
- The January 6 Committee will hold the last of its planned summer hearings this evening.
- Senate negotiators are lagging behind their House colleagues in FY23 funding.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) has thrown her support behind CHIPS Plus.
- President Joe Biden announced executive actions on climate from a closed-down coal power plant in Massachusetts but stopped short of declaring a climate emergency.
- The United States and Canada have challenged Mexico over plans to accelerate nationalisation of its energy market.
- Biden will hold a call with Chinese President Xi Jinping within the next 10 days.
- Poll of the Day: 50+ aged voters are swinging the 56 most competitive House races to the GOP.
Full article: https://marketnews.com/mni-political-risk-analysis...