Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
A stronger-than-expected U.S. Aug Flash PMI reading across the board, with manufacturing 53.6 (v 52.0 expected) and services 54.8 (vs 51.0 expected). Manuf was the best reading since Jan 2019, with services the highest since Mar 2019 and the first rise in that sector since the start of the year.
Some excerpts from the IHS Markit release:
- On client demand: "Total new business rose for the first time since February and at a solid rate...The reopening of economies worldwide also helped to boost new export orders, with foreign sales expanding at the sharpest pace since September 2014."
- On employment: "The rate of job creation accelerated among service providers, with manufacturers indicating the first rise in staff numbers since February"
- On inflation: "input price inflation quickened in August [on] raw material costs... Although manufacturers raised their selling prices at a faster pace, the rate of charge inflation among service providers eased amid reports of greater competitive pressures."
- On the outlook: "Businesses remained optimistic towards the 12- month outlook for output, with the degree of confidence strong overall. That said, positive sentiment dipped slightly from July's recent high amid concerns surrounding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic."